WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL THIS FRIDAY 01 December
ETC VENUES, 200 Aldersgate (opposite the Museum of London) - less than 5 minutes walk from St Paul's or the Barbican underground stations.
Enter 200 Aldersgate (entrance pictured above) and go up the escalator to the first floor, keep walking and you will find ETC venues. You will be directed to the correct location where the Heads of Sixth Form Conference is located.
Registration from 8.30am. Start at 9.35am. Ends at 4.00pm.
You can book online to get the discount rate of £299 - click on 'Book & Pay by Invoice'.
or book and pay online to get the discount rate of £249 - click on 'Book & Pay online'
RAISING ACHIEVEMENT WITH LINEAR A LEVELS: PRACTICAL STRATEGIESBook Now
1 day, lots more speakers and sessions to be announcedBook Now
- PROGRESSION TO YEAR 13 - PRACTICAL RESPONSES TO THE CHALLENGE
- Michael Senior, Director of Sixth Form and CEO Netsixthform
- Michael will outline some for the ways centres have responded to the challenges presented by the Kent case this Summer in terms of entry criteria to Year 13.
- Network with other heads of sixth in similar circumstances to gather even more strategies and ideas.
- This session will help you put in place the strategies with your Year 12s ready for progression to Year 13.
- MARGINAL GAINS : HOW TO SUCCEED AT A LEVEL
- Jeremy Dry - leading study skills expert, Maximise Your Potential
- An opportunity for Heads of Sixth Form to see what they can do to give their students the edge and to help them become independent learners.
- Strategies and tips to go back and use in your sixth form as well as amazing attention-grabbing stories drawing on successful celebrities to relay to students during assemblies and tutorial time.
- 'I have seen many external providers over the years, but Maximize is the best I have ever seen'. Nick Bull, Head of Sixth Form, Burntwood School
- LINEAR A LEVELS WITHOUT AS EXAMS : CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
- Michael Senior, Director of Sixth Form, Kingsbury High School
- Delegates will learn how other centres are re-shaping their programmes with the absence of external AS levels.
- Michael will also outline practical ways that centres can help develop more robust internal assessment and increase exam practice for students leading up to exams.
- 'Practical ideas to solve DDU at the end of Year 12' S. West, Cardinal Hulme Catholic School. 'Great ideas' W.Daws King's Bruton Independent School.
- TEENAGE MENTAL HEALTH : HOW TO DEAL WITH OBSESSIVE TEENAGE ONLINE BEHAVIOUR
- Gillian Bridge, Resilience trainer, author and mental health expert
- Gillian will provide practical advice for heads of sixth and tutors to use when helping sixth formers develop resilience and to help them control their use of social media and video gaming - two key barriers to Post-16 outcomes.
- 'Wonderful'. 'Excellent guidance.' 'Useful for presenting to parents'. 'Thought-provoking'. Delegate evaluation comments from June 2017
- GETTING TOP A LEVEL GRADES UNDER LINEAR BY IMPROVING FEEDBACK TO STUDENTS
- Michael Senior, Director of Sixth Form
- Michael's centre consistently achieving Alps 'Outstanding' with 65% gaining A*-B (2017) with a standard A level intake.
- Michael will outline a key strategy to share with teachers in your centre to increase feedback to students yet without increasing workload.
- Feedback - respond quickly and make it diagnostic. Michael will show you how to make this happen in large groups but also any group where feedback needs to be even more frequent and high quality.
- 'Great ideas - love sample marking.' H Doherty, Cheney School. 'Going to try this - thank you.' J. Quoroll, St Edmund School
- HOW TO GET YEAR 12 MOTIVATED TO WORK HARD : A PRACTICAL STRATEGY & RESOURCES
- Peter Mulligan, Director of SACU-STUDENT.COM
- Why work hard if you don't have a reason to? This session provides delegates with a series of ready-made resources and tutorial strategies to help Year 12 research their UCAS, career and apprenticeship options in September without intensive 1-2-1 input from tutors.
- Once students knows what they want to do and what grades and skills are required, they stand a much better chance of being motivated to study hard.
- 'Amazing resources.' Superb.' Wow - thank you.' Fantastic resources'. Delegate evaluations from June 2017
- INTERVENTION STRATEGIES AT DEPARTMENT LEVEL: NEW AND MORE EFFECTIVE APPROACHES
- Shanti Healy, Subject Leader, Bullers Wood School
- Why wait until students underperform to then start intervention?
- Shanti has introduced a novel screening system at the beginning of Year 12 to prompt a skills-based intervention system.
- 'This session will help you support departments to work more effectively in raising attainment
- APPRENTICESHIPS - CREATING FANTASTIC RESOURCES AND SUPPORT FOR YOUR STUDENTS
- Anna Morrison, Amazing Apprenticeships
- Anna will outline how you can access some really useful materials as well as get free support in your centre to help you guide your students interested in apprenticeships.
- 'Great stuff' , 'The support is brilliant.' Delegate evaluation comments from June 2017
- NEW GCSE's, DECLINE OF AS, LINEAR A LEVELS, EMERGING NEW HEI MARKET
- Mike Nicholson, Director of Student Recruitment & Admissions, University of Bath
- There is so much that is changing in the undergraduate recruitment market!
- Mike is a well known, trusted speaker on these issues and delegates always get a measured and informed perspective
- TECHNOLOGY HEADS OF SIXTH OUGHT TO USE TO HELP THEM MANAGE THEIR CENTRES
- Nick Watts, Head of Sixth, Hall Cross Academy
- Nick uses a range of digital technologies to help lead a successful centre.
- He will share a range of software that delegates might like to consider adopting in their centres to make your role even more effective.
- 'Priority session'. 'Such great ideas. I will definitely take this back'. Delegate evaluation comments from June 2017
- HOW TO RECRUIT ABLE STUDENTS TO YOUR SIXTH FORM
- Andra Groza, Aston University
- Learn from universities about how they engage and attract students.
- Are you using the student platforms students use?
- Do you engage parents effectively?
- All of the strategies are realistic for busy heads of sixth.
- BE A CUTTING EDGE CENTRE FOR EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
- Stephen Thomas, Author
- Stephen has created some amazing resources your tutors can use in tutorial time.
- Ensure that students understand how the job market has change and will change further.
- This session is key in helping your students shape their choices for careers.
- A key part of your tutorial scheme to ensure your sixth form delivers on careers and employability.
- HOW CAN WE USE PSYCHOLOGY TO HELP STUDENTS UNDERSTAND WHY THEY UNDER-PREPARE FOR INTERNAL TESTS AND AVOID WORKING HARD DURING STUDY PERIODS
- Michael Senior, Director of Sixth Form and CEO, NetSixthForm.
- Michael has been researching how we can use psychological research to help students change their behaviour.
- This session will provide you with the materials Michael uses with students so you can adapt or simply re-use.
- Although the research isn't a 'miracle cure', it does help some students become more aware of the choices they are making and what might be making them avoid hard work.
Venue Map » Application Form & Details » Information for exhibitors »All prices exclude VAT
Friday 01 December 2017
200 Aldersgate, St Paul's, London
Mike Nicholson, Director of Student Recruitment & Admissions, University of Bath
Jeremy Dry, Study Skills expert, Maximise Your Potential
Gillian Bridge, Resilience Specialist - Former teacher, author, addiction therapist, trainer
Michael Senior, Director of Sixth Form - Kingsbury High School
Shanti Healy, A Level Subject Leader, Bullers Wood School
Stephen Thomas, Higher Education Advisor - Freelance and teacher trainer
Matthew Welbourn, Professional Development Manager, UCAS
Nick Watts, Head of Sixth Form, Hall Cross Academy
Anna Morrison, CEO Amazing Apprenticeships
Chris McNamara, CEO Pathways CTM
Megan Hughes, Apprentice
"Superb - excellent value, very informative day - This is how educational conferences should be - short and concise talks packed full of information on a wide range of sixth form topics. I came away much better informed, full of ideas and armed with many useful resources." Will Daws, King's School Bruton, June 2017
Read Reviews (10)
"Thank you!" By Claire Fitzgerald, The Harefield Academy on 3rd Sep 2017 I will definitely make sure I come every year! Thank you!
"Superb - excellent value, very informative day" By Will Daws, King's School Bruton on 25th Jun 2017 This is how educational conferences should be - short and concise talks packed full of information on a wide range of sixth form topics. I came away much better informed, full of ideas and armed with many useful resources.
"Best Continuing Professional Development " By Dawn Clubb, The Holy Trinity C of E Secondary School on 23rd Jun 2017 I am returning for my third year to this conference. It is a one stop shop for me. I get a wealth of training and materials in one place. I have everything I need to update my programme back at school and I feel encouraged and empowered to do so. It is such a worthwhile day!
"Brilliant day" By C. Benbow, Rainford High Technology College on 1st May 2017 'Thanks to everyone involved - brilliant day - very useful!'
"Value-packed day" By K. Johnston, Clitheroe Royal Grammar School on 1st May 2017 'Thanks very much - another value-packed day.'
"Thank you" By J. Alderson, New Hall School on 1st May 2017 'Thank you - lots to reflect on.'
"Only external CPD I rate" By S. Gray, Hartismere High School on 1st May 2017 'Resources look ace - thank you for providing such a lot of useful information in such a short period of time - this is now the only external CPD I rate!'
"Outstanding day" By C. Reseigh, St Gabriel's School on 1st May 2017 'Once again, an outstanding day. Really the best training I attend each year.'
"Very good value" By M. Robson, The Academy at Shotton Hall on 1st May 2017 'Thank you. As ever - varied, challenging, informative and very good value.'
"Annual Head of Sixth Conference - June " By G. Prichard, Liskeard School on 1st May 2017 'Really liked the (new) format. Thanks.'