The eight Gatsby benchmarks - are you ready?
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
- The expectation is that schools begin to work towards the benchmarks now and meet them by the end of 2020.
- Guidance needs to include information on the range of education or training options, including apprenticeships.
- At present 51% of schools are meeting 2 of the 8 benchmarks.
- Every school should have their own careers programme in place and publish it on their website along with a plan for working towards meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks by September 2018.