Why use NetSixthForm to help you develop your sixth form?
- Benefit from over 23 years of providing CPD for Sixth Form Leaders
- Teachers, tutors and senior leaders trust our integrity and experience in the post 16 sector
- Michael Senior, a former Assistant Headteacher, has over 20 years of experience of managing a very large sixth form centre that improved from Special Measures to Outstanding
- Michael has the benefit of having learned from supporting numerous centres over the years - all over the UK and overseas
- Michael has provided CPD to heads of sixth form for 20 years and has supported local authority development of post 16 provision and individual centres
- Expertise in all aspects of post 16 provision from improving teaching and learning, curriculum models, student recruitment, pastoral support, inspection and funding
- Authored over 20+ post 16 resources and publications including Developing the Skilled Sixth Former, Managing the Sixth Form Experience and Writing an Effective Personal Statement (5th edition), Creating the Personalised Sixth Form, Complete Tutorial Guide to Higher Education.
- Best-selling A-Level textbook Sociology of Health and Illness (Palgrave)
- Articles in Psychology Review and Sociology Review (Philip Allan)
- Co-author of A Practical Guide to your Post-16 Ofsted Inspection
- BBC Breakfast
- BBC Radio 5 Live
Support for Schools
- Despite being a full-time sixth form leader, over the years, Michael delivered sessions for individual schools throughout the UK.
- Support includes local authority events to drive up sixth form standards as well as for organisations representing independent schools
- Michael understands that each school has its own unique opportunities and challenges and that there is no one-size fits all approach: support has to be bespoke
- Having provided CPD for sixth form leaders for over 24 years, our reputation in the post 16 sector is well respected.
- Our recent event supported 500 delegates provided by the company he founded, NetSixthForm, allowing Michael to draw upon the experience of working with a wide range of experienced practitioners from across the UK and overseas
- Michael is now a full-time founder of NetSixthForm and is able to take up a greater proportion of requests for support
NetSixthForm is the network for sixth form leaders providing:
- Weekly, free, term-time newsletters to 3.8k subscribers
- Peer support via Sixth Form Leaders Facebook group of 3k members
- Two major national conferences for sixth form leaders per year
- Free and subscriber resources accessed by over 11,000 tutors per month on average
- Bespoke support for sixth form centres wishing to develop provision even further